About the Project
The "E-Government” project was structured in accordance with the "National Strategy on Information-Communication Technologies for the Development of the Republic of Azerbaijan (2003-2012)” and implemented in the framework of the"E-Azerbaijan” Program. With the view of wide use of information communications technologies (ICT) the project envisages increasing the rationality and optimality of the activity of state agencies, the activity aimed at simplifying and making free relations between population, business bodies, as well as between them selves, contributes to creating citizen-official relations in a new plane, ensuring transparency and fully meeting the need for information.
Aims of the Project
- Improvement of management methods and mechanism by increased application of state of the art ICT in state bodies;
- Increased rationality of the activities of state bodies and providing the necessary transparency;
Creating more simple and expedient conditions for citizens to participate in the adoption and implementation of public resolutions and to interact with state bodies by means of electronic methods.
The main steps for the implementation of the project
- Creating the normative-legal basis regulating the activity of e-government and its users;
- Increasing the application of modern technologies in the management of the state;
- Creating the main components needed for e-government infrastructure;
- Development and application of e-services in accordance with a "one stop”principle;
- Increasing the training level of civil servants and ICT specialists;
- Ensuring information integrity to ensure the protection of personal information, security of e-government activities, infrastructure and information systems;
Increasing the IT literacy level of the population and providing them access to e-governmental services.
The main components of the e-government infrastructure
- Integrated network infrastructure for state bodies
- E-government portal
- E-government sluice
- State register of information resources and systems
- National infrastructure for e-signature
- National infrastructure for e-document circulation (under preparation)
- E-government data centre (under preparation)
The main advantages of the project
1. For the government
Increased rationality of the activities of state bodies by the broad application of modern technologies; Reduced budgetary expenses, improved speed and efficiency in rendering state services and spending; Creation of a centralized operational level data storage space for state bodies and ensuring its security; Establishment of a system of state management and municipal management that can effectively and transparently be controlled. Citizens can actively participate in state management; Simplifying the means and routes of communication and interaction between citizens and state bodies in an expedient manner; Convenience over the full spectrum of information needs and requirements; Enabling access to state services for persons of limited means. To communicate efficiently at the operational level with state bodies thereby reducing expenses; To increase economic activity, competition and provide better access to foreign markets. Income tax;Job search (vacancies in the enterprises);Applications and approvals for documents (passports and driving licenses);Registration acts of citizens(births, deaths, marriages);Registration of vehicles;"On-line” applications (to enter universities, obtain approval for construction works, pensions, social benefits, etc.);Registration of place of residence; Health services (E-advice),etc. Payments into the social funds;
- E-declaration, e-tax invoices;
- Registration of new companies;
- Customs declarations;
- E-procurement, e-quotation;
- Granting references, etc.