Data Processing Center (DPC) was established by decision # 401 (b.6) of the Council of Ministers dated 07.12.1973 and the order #140 of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT) dated 05.07.1974. The DPC operated until 19.04.1999, under Republican Information Computing Center. It was registered on 20 April 1999 in the Baku Regional Department on the state registration of Legal entities of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan under the name of Data Processing Center.
DPC has the international quality certificate ISO 9001:2008, and is currently at the stage of receiving international certificate ISO 27001.
More than 2500 computers of all structures of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies have been connected to the online network of the enterprise. These computers are mainly used for the technological process going in telecommunication exchanges,
The main sphere of activity of the enterprise covers all areas of information technologies:
- Designing and operation of up-to-date billing systems;
- Management of AzDataCom, data transfer network covering all territory of the republic;
- Provision of Internet and data services to physical and legal persons;
- Organization of the activity of the National Certification Services Center with the view of creating Public Key Infrastructure;
- Distribution of e-signature and certificates in the republic;
- Creation of Electronic Government infrastructure and providing physical and legal persons for use of e-services on single platform rendered by central executive authorities;
- Operation and preparation of task complex and systems by using advanced electronic computing techniques and new mathematical methods on the basis of integration processes of primary technological information that are used in communications;
- Preparation of projects on application of new technologies and up-to-date computing techniques;
- Protection of information from interferences that are not sanctioned with technical protection means of information, application of software, installation, mounting, adjusting, repair, testing and service facilities;
- Organization and conducting advanced training and professional development courses in sphere of information-communication technologies;
- Advertising consultation and rendering of intermediary services in sphere of information-communication technologies and technological engineering;
- Performance of computing work in an operative mode; Testing of applied programs and new solutions of technical systems;
- Training of customer experts, retraining and training of personnel;
- Maintenance of information portal of the Ministry of Transport, Communications and High Technologies;
- Organization of interdepartmental videoconference communication.