Data Processing Center (DPC) was established by decision # 401 (b.6) of the Council of Ministers dated 07.12.1973 and the order #140 of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT) dated 05.07.1974. The DPC operated until 19.04.1999, under Republican Information Computing Center. It was registered on 20 April 1999 in the Baku Regional Department on the state registration of Legal entities of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Azerbaijan under the name of Data Processing Center.
DPC has the international quality certificate ISO 9001:2008, and is currently at the stage of receiving international certificate ISO 27001.
More than 2500 computers of all structures of the Ministry of Communications and Information Technologies (MCIT) have been connected to the online network of the enterprise. These computers are mainly used for technological process going in telecommunication exchanges, ATEs, post offices and they have been connected to relevant servers installed in the DPC. The DPC keeps the register of e-services and public information reserves.
Main sphere of activity of the enterprise covers all areas of information technologies:
- Designingand operation of up-to-date billing systems;
- Management of AzDataCom, data transfer network covering all territory of therepublic;
- Provision of Internet and data services to physical and legal persons;
- Organization of the activity of the National Certification Services Centerswith the view of creating Public Key Infrastructure;
- Distribution of e-signature and certificates in the republic;
- Creation of Electronic Government infrastructure and providing physical andlegal persons for use of e-services on single platform rendered by centralexecutive authorities;
- Operation and preparation of task complex and systems by using advancedelectronic computing techniques and new mathematical methods on the basis ofintegration processes of primary technological information that are used incommunications;
- Preparation of projects on application of new technologies and up-to-datecomputing techniques;
- Protection of information from interferences that are not sanctioned withtechnical protection means of information, application of software,installation, mounting, adjusting, repair, testing and service facilities;
- Organization and conducting advanced training and professional developmentcourses in sphere of information-communication technologies;
- Advertising consultation and rendering of intermediary services in sphere ofinformation-communication technologies and technological engineering;
- Performance of computing work in an operative mode; Testing of applied programs and new solutions of technical systems;
- Training of customer experts, retraining and training of personnel;
- Maintenance of information portal of the Ministry of Communications andInformation Technologies;
- Organization of interdepartmental videoconference communication.